Sunday, March 11, 2018

It's March 11th, and the first Spring Home Show is under my belt.  Not a roaring success, but a pleasant weekend spent at the Tribute Centre in Oshawa meeting old friends and having some good conversations.
This photo appears to be a little lop-sided.  Never said I was a good photographer.
Ajax Home Show and Clarington Home Show still to go - looking forward to it, too!  Always lots to see and do at these events.


While I am hunting for photos, I might as well post a photo of my booth at the Mayor's Gala for the Arts, held recently at Bowma


A great event in support of the Arts in Clarington.  Proceeds are divided between the Visual Arts Centre in Bowmanville, and A Gift of Art in Newcastle.  I work with A Gift of Art   Here is a photo of my booth at the Gala.  The library was transformed with drapes and clothes all black and gold, so I modelled my table the same way and sprinkled a few gold sequins all over it.  Looked good, even in the dark.
Speaking of working with A Gift of Art, I am getting a bunch of people together to write their memoirs about emigrating to Canada.  They are all members of the Dutch community and come in all ages and with all sorts of memories.  Other people in the community will be asked to join in too with their memories of growing up in Newcastle.  When all is said and done, others, likely young people, will take these memoirs and write play(s).  Young and old will get parts in these plays.  Young and old will help build the sets and gather props.  And everyone else in the town will be asked to come and see the play(s).
Big undetaking.  It will take all year to put it together, but we'll do it.  I'll keep you all posted as to how we are coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment